An Easter Snapchat Review

In my house, Easter is a time to get together with extended family members. If you're anything like me you can only take so much of this. You must understand, I do love my family and I am very glad that I got to see all of them, but when you wake up at 8 a.m. for church and then don't stop seeing family until 6 p.m, it takes its toll on you. As an extremely weary millennial, I turned to the aide of social media to distract and comfort me. After checking up on my Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Tumblr pages, I hopped on over to my favorite new platform: Snapchat. It appears that Snapchat threw quite the Easter party on their app featuring challenges and many fun filters. For this week's social media blog post I am going to review some of these special features, so sit down with your remaining Easter candy and enjoy!

The Great Snapchat Egg Hunt



Inspired by the Pokémon Go craze of a couple years ago, Snapchat released one million decorative eggs to be discovered using the SnapMaps feature. I included screenshots to show you just some eggs around my area and all over North America. You could compete with friends in this challenge to see who could collect the most eggs. The game started on March 30, and when I checked the leader board on April 1 at 4:41 p.m. I was seeing that some of my friends had collected over 400 eggs! I missed the memo when it came to this game (as I had discovered it when it was about to end), but I am glad to see that some of my friends really got some enjoyment out of it. There was no way Snapchat was going to let you not know about the egg hunt on Easter, so they provided the lovely filter found down below.


I like this filter because of the pretty blue ears, the pastel Easter basket, and the small egg count in the corner (mine is at 0 because I am lame and didn't collect any eggs). The very large logo covering my face in the screenshot normally disappeared after a few seconds, but I thought the logo was cool so I took the screenshot it with it over my face. If you think this was the only themed augmented reality filter Snapchat put out on Easter, you are very much mistaken.

Other Filters


I always think it is funny when Snapchat creates filters with glasses, because I look funny with two pairs of glasses on. With this being said, I did enjoy this filter because it lightened up my skin to cover acne and provided a very bright and fun Easter egg background.


Who doesn't love a good crown filter? Snapchat has put out filters like this before with stars, hearts and flowers floating around the head like a crown before, and everyone loved them. The Snapchat team listened to their fans and provided an Easter edition with floating eggs. I found this filter adorable. I love the little eyelashes it gave me. Much like Maria in West Side Story, I felt pretty.


Last, but certainly not least, we have my favorite filter. This one was my favorite because I found the simple pairing of the bunny ears with the almost psychedelic-colored Easter egg glasses to be a great fit for each other. This filter captured typical symbols of Easter and made it into a really fresh and cool look. I have nothing left to review, so I hope you all enjoyed my reviews and had a lovely Easter!
 

Comments

  1. First of all, those are some top-notch photos. They really seem to put my selfie skills to shame. I applaud your dedication to giving your readers as many visuals and as much information as humanly possible. Once again, your post has enlightened me to previously unknown facts. I was VERY confused by the egg hunt on Snapchat. I am not good at using the app but have a passion for it.I love those fun, little filters. So snazzy. Like you, I spent a good chunk of time on the app during Easter, so when I saw the filter I was confused. I am now glad to know what in the world it was all about, even if I am too late to participate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really confused by the easter egg hunt. I think the snapmap was a great addition to snapchat but I think the egg hunt needed some adjustments. I wasn't able to pick up eggs that were like right next to me on the map bc it was too far away. I love when snapchat adds filters specfic to the holiday and its one of the best parts of the social media account. Loved the visuals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was also very confused by the egg hunt but it was good in theory. I think they just needed to develop the idea a bit further. Your selfies are bomb though!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea that Snapchat did an egg hunt! I’m sad I missed out! I did use a lot of the filters though. I love holiday snap filters because it adds to the excitement and you get to take bomb selfies like yours!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Experience Being a Part of a Theatre's (Public Relations) Benefit

Ohio Northern University Prepares to Tackle Sarah Delappe's "The Wolves"