A New Round of Brothers

A building at Affinity East, a housing complex for
sororities and fraternities at Ohio Northern Univeristy.
As this new semester gets started, all the students are getting used to their new professors, getting back into the routine of doing homework and trying to remember how to survive on their own. On top of all of this, Ohio Northern's fraternities are running their spring recruitment schedules. During this time, fraternities plan a handful of events that people can attend to meet with the people in that fraternity and possibly get a bid, or an invitation, to join that fraternity.

Ohio Northern currently boasts five fully fledged fraternities. These fraternities are Delta Sigma Phi, Phi Gamma Delta, Sigma Phi Epsilon, Sigma Pi and Theta Chi. One fraternity went out of there way the other day to tell me about their spring recruitment events and let me enter a raffle for $100. This fraternity is Sigma Pi. It looks to me like Sigma Pi is running very good public relations right now by making sure they cater to their audience: poor college students.

It looks like Sigma Pi has an interesting line up of events coming up these next couple weeks. They start off with a coney dog party on Jan. 31 from 5:30-7 p.m. This is followed by a Super Bowl party on Feb. 4. Sigma Pi will also have dinner and Viva Maria's, a popular Italian restaurant in Ada, on Feb. 8 at 6  p.m. Their last public event will be a bowling and pizza party at Norada Lanes on Feb. 10 from 2-4 p.m. This will be followed by an exclusive invite only party on Feb. 13. This is all the description I can give about this last event because I am not in a fraternity and it is shrouded in mystery.

I thought about joining a fraternity when I first arrived on campus, but then I was way too scared to interact with these older strangers by myself so I never went. Everyone I know who is in a fraternity or sorority loves it, so I think I may give it another try this semester!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Easter Snapchat Review

My Experience Being a Part of a Theatre's (Public Relations) Benefit

Ohio Northern University Prepares to Tackle Sarah Delappe's "The Wolves"