Three Ideas for How to Spend Valentines Day at Ohio Northern University


Valentine's Day is coming up so soon! As a broke college student with no idea how to spend the most romantic day of the year in Ada, Ohio, I decided to investigate and come up with great ways to spend Valentine's Day with your special someone while saving money and staying around Ohio Northern University (ONU).

1) Take Advantage of Sodexo's Offer

In case you didn't know, Sodexo is the provider of ONU's food options. This Valentine's Day they offer the students at ONU a fancy dinner experience. This meal has multiple courses and all of the foods sound seasoned and tasty, unlike a lot of the other food Sodexo has to offer. Every once in a while, Sodexo really pulls through with some good food and this is one of those opportunities. The price is a little steep with the meal costing 20 dining dollars. However, if you are looking for a way to bring excitement to your Valentine's Day without spending actual money then this is a great option. The sign-up sheet with instructions on how to take advantage of this offer is still up in the McIntosh Dining Hall.

2) Take a Trip to Viva Maria's

What is more classically romantic than a date at an Italian restaurant? Viva Maria's is a great place to eat in Ada. They offer a wide variety of food including classic appetizers, wings, salads, pastas, pizzas, subs, burgers, wraps, desserts and (if you are of the legal age) a nice selection of beers and wines. You can check out the full menu by clicking here. All of their food is pretty affordable and it is all delicious. My favorite part about Viva Maria's is how they serve such giant proportions of food that even I, master of overeating, can't finish a plate of food there, so I get to take home really tasty leftovers.

3) A Relaxing Night in with Pizza and a Tour of Campus

According to the weather app on my phone, it is supposed to be a lovely day tomorrow with the temperatures being in the mid-to-high 40's. This is the perfect weather take a nice walk around the Green Monster with your special person and see a beautiful Ada sunset at approximately 6:09 p.m., so I would recommend starting your walk around 5:45 p.m. After this nice stroll around campus you can get a pizza from Padrone's, the best pizza in Ada, and have a night in with your significant other and watch a cheesy rom-com on Netflix. Most people already have Netflix, and if you don't you can ask a friend to borrow theirs. This date is essentially achievable with a budget of around $10 and is a great way to make the most out of being a broke student at ONU.

Comments

  1. I wish I would have read this sooner because those are some great ideas for Valentine's Day! Money is always an issue so I like the fact that you considered using cheaper options while still having a good time and also not having to travel far. Hopefully I can use these tips to my advantage in the future! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Padrones is the absolutely perfect way to spend Valentines Day. I love how all of these options provide cheap money options. Like you said, we are broke. I even would put on their that I romantic home cooked meal could be a great idea! Many people have apartments with full sized kitchens so doing something homemade is always a great option! Loved this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your suggestion! I should have read your blog before Valentine day because your plan is really good. How much it costs is always my concerns so your ideas are not expensive and sounds fun so I love it! I have never seen sunset in ONU so I will try on sunny day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An Easter Snapchat Review

My Experience Being a Part of a Theatre's (Public Relations) Benefit

Ohio Northern University Prepares to Tackle Sarah Delappe's "The Wolves"