Making Lotion with Allie Harper at Ohio Northern University



This week I was challenged to create a video of something fun to do either in Ada or at Ohio Northern University (ONU) by my Social Media Principles professor. I had to record videos, do voice-overs, edit the clips and then use iMovie put it all together with music and transitions before I had to post it on YouTube. After making the video, I also was tasked with promoting the video on a social media channel and my blog. I chose to share the video on the Twitter account I started for the live tweet assignment (@ImprovLiveTweet), and a screenshot of this can be seen below.

When I posted the video, I had to be sure to include key words in the description/tags so that it could be easily found by someone searching for it, but for my purposes I put the video on unlisted so it only shows up to people who have the link to the video.

I had a great time making the video! When I received an email on Monday morning about a lotion workshop with essential oils I thought it would be a good idea to make a video about two of my favorite things: essential oils and hydration. I just so happened to run into my friend, Allie Harper, a first year pharmacy student, in the Bear Cave for the event. When I asked her if she would like to be in my video for Social Media Principles, she was more than happy to help out. I really enjoy the little lotion I made with two drops of sweet orange essential oil and one drop of lemongrass essential oil, but what was so cool about this event is we were able to customize our scents.

This was the first event of a week full of different ways reminding students at ONU to stop the stigma around mental health problems. The rest of the week's activities and event descriptions are available below:

Thursday 3/22
Pizza Party!
5-8PM | RE212
Give yourself a mental break Thursday and stop by RE212 (in the pharmacy building)
for free pizza! It’s easy for us college students to get overwhelmed and wrapped up in
studying sometimes, so it’s extremely important to remember to give ourselves breaks!
This event is the perfect opportunity to relax and give yourself some me time! Supplies
will be limited so make sure to come early!
1100 Cranes
11-1 | Mac Tables
We will be displaying 1,100 black paper cranes during Mac Tables Thursday as a visual
representation honoring the approximately 1,100 college students who commit suicide each
year. Stop by to help us raise suicide awareness and remember those we have lost.


Friday 3/23
Ribbon Board
11-1 | Mac Tables
For Friday Mac Tables we will have a board that you will have the opportunity to place a
ribbon in support of someone struggling with mental illness or in remembrance of someone
lost.


Saturday 3/24
Mental Illness: Stop the Stigma, Change Lives
11AM | Dicke Forum
Come to NAMI’s event on Saturday to listen to mental illness testimonials and learn what it’s
like to battle with these illnesses.

I hope you enjoyed my first attempt at putting together a video and posting it on YouTube. Remember to take time for yourself and your mental health when you need it. Stay strong ONU!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Easter Snapchat Review

My Experience Being a Part of a Theatre's (Public Relations) Benefit

Ohio Northern University Prepares to Tackle Sarah Delappe's "The Wolves"